Highland Clinic is committed to providing comprehensive medical services that assure thorough healthcare by means of diagnosis, treatment and prevention of disease, and care of patients of all ages suffering from illness or injury.
Audiological Services is committed to providing the best possible hearing health care, based on the patient’s individual requirements and is designed to fulfill a variety of hearing health care needs. These comprehensive services include a full range of diagnostic audiological testing, hearing aid evaluations, dispensing of digital hearing aids on a trial basis and balance testing. Patients may self-refer or can be referred by physicians or agencies throughout the community. Services are available by appointment and are provided by a licensed, certified audiologist. You may call (318) 798-4442 to schedule your appointment.
Highland Clinic offers a comprehensive range of laboratory tests to support our physicians diagnostic needs, hospital affiliations and other healthcare entities. Our labs are equipped with state-of-the-art instrumentation to provide the fastest, most accurate results. Our mission is to adhere to a strict quality control and quality assurance program guidelines.
Our diagnostic laboratory services include:
- Professional, experienced phlebotomists
- Rapid report turnaround time
- Full menu of routine and esoteric testing available
- Contracts with all major health plans
Highland Clinic offers an in-house infusion center for fast, safe, and effective care that allows you to leave the hospital sooner or in some cases avoid hospital care entirely . Our patients feel more involved in their own healthcare and the procedure is carefully monitored by an experienced registered nurse throughout therapy. Our Infusion Center is designed with comfort in mind.
We administer treatment and therapeutic services including IV Antibiotics, IV Hydration and IV Therapy for Osteoporosis.
Highland Clinic has just added the Optima* MR450w 1.5T with GEM Suite coil technology to our imaging services. This advanced system is designed to help maximize comfort for patients undergoing MR exams. Features include:
- The GEM Suite is an integrated system that combines high-density Radio Frequency surface coils and innovative software technologies designed to provide uncompromised image quality.
- A 70 cm wide bore to add patient space for comfort
- A table surface with different cushion densities designed to alleviate pressure points
- A coil array that offers feet-first imaging for all exam types
- MAGIC – One scan that can do the work of many with images acquired in as little as half the time to acquire separate sequences, fully integrated in a seamless workflow.
This system also delivers uncompromised imaging capability for the most advanced and demanding exams. The soft, flexible GEM Suite coils follow body contours while facilitating high resolution, signal-to noise (SNR) imaging from the top of the head down to the feet. Plus, advanced functionality gives you the tools to help you to make definitive diagnoses.
- MAVRIC SL – First available clear MR Imaging on patients with metal implant devices, such as hip replacements, total knee replacements, etc. MAVRIC SL is an acquisition and reconstruction technique for imaging soft tissue and bone near MR Conditional devices.
- Silent Feature – Acoustic reduction technology allows the use of extremely quiet imaging in MR. Studies done in the MR shows that it operates at nearly ambient noise levels.
- The silent feature is for brain, body & MSK.
A more Caring MR Suite®
The following features play a large role in the Caring MR Suite’s ability to calm patients:
- Control – to ease anxiety
- Personalization – to fit moods and preferences
- Nature imagery – to calm and help patients heal more quickly, with less medication
- Choice – to enhance positive sensory absorption
The GEM head and neck unit provides a high-density imaging solution for patients of various shapes and sizes, as seen in the excellent homogeneity and penetration of sagittal STIR and axial t2 frFSE of the cervical spine.
Raaed Hasan – PharmD
Raaed Hasan, is a highly motivated PharmD with a strong commitment to the patients of our pharmacy. He brings years of hospital IV preparation experience, as well as retail pharmacy experience; not to mention fluently speaking in two languages – English and Arabic. He received his APhA Certification of Achievement for Immunization Delivery and is actively involved in leadership and professional affiliations such as Phi Lambda Sigma and Louisiana Society of Health-System Pharmacists. Recently, he is best known as the resident Tik Tok star @thapharmacist.
The mission of the Highland Clinic Pharmacy is to exceed public expectations for comprehensive, convenient and quality healthcare for all generations. Our full-service pharmacy also now accepts prescriptions online through www.highlandclinicpharmacy.com and refill option click-thru https://pioneer.rxlocal.com/Secure/www.highlandclinicpharmacy.com/Refill.
Highland Clinic continues to invest in technology to better serve our patients. services include digital radiography, Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI), bone density and ultrasound studies. Our facility is accredited by the American College of Radiology (ACR). The ACR only awards accreditation after intense evaluation of the practice, which includes reviewing the qualifications of the personnel, assessing imaging quality, and confirming the operational excellence of the equipment and the facility as a whole.
Whether your varicose veins are a source of aching pain, swelling, circulation problems or simply a cosmetic concern, the Highland Clinic Vein Center offers a variety of services that help eliminate or greatly reduce the symptoms.
Vein diseases can be very painful and unpleasant conditions. Our facility focuses on the use of the most advanced equipment and cutting-edge technology to administer quality, effective and the least invasive treatment.
- Endovenous Laser Ablation for Varicose Veins
- Sclerotherapy for Spider Veins
- Treatment of Chronic Venous Insufficiency & Disorders