We are an equal opportunity employer committed to ensuring a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. To view the most recent “EEO is the Law” Poster, click here.
This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S. For more information on E-Verify, click here.
- Certified Medical Assistant – Shreveport
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: 1. Obtains patient history and charts procedures for medical records. 2. Schedule surgeries, pre-ops, MRIs, CTs, Lab and appointments. 3. Handles patient questions during visits and via phone, providing advice and resolving problems in consultation with physician. 4. Uses and maintains equipment and supplies appropriately. 5. The jobholder must demonstrate current EXPERIENCE: Minimum of two years experience in medical office. KNOWLEDGE: 1. Knowledge of medical technology and techniques including knowing how to conduct necessary medical tests. 2. Proper spelling of medical terms and medications. 3. Knowledge of educational techniques in instruction of patients. ABILITIES: 1. Ability to establish/maintain effective relationships with patients, physicians, staff. 2. Ability to use communication/listening skills and telephone techniques effectively.
Apply for this job
- Coding Claims AnalystSUMMARY OF DUTIES: Participates in the review of all Highland Clinic claim edits, procedure code master files
anddiagnoses master files for inappropriate billing codes and informs appropriate medical staff personnel. Responsible for follow up of and collection on primary, secondary, and tertiary insurance claims in a timely manner, insuringaccuracy and prompt adjudication of claims. Performs all aspects of claims analysis including refiling, error correcting, appeals, correspondence, and research. Recognizes claim issues, denials, and payment trends and communicates these to their immediate supervisor. Assists management in communicating changes in coding or payer claim requirements to the physician offices. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND FUNCTIONS: include, but not limited to the following: Make contact on a minimum number of accounts/claims per day. Track and follow claims from filing until adjudication, including any refiling or appeals. EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS: College degree, coding certification preferred. High School diploma required. Minimum 1-2 years of medical billing experience; coding certification preferred. NextGen Practice Management software a plus. JOB SKILLS: Understanding of all aspects of billing operations including knowledge of government and managed care programs and insurance contractual arrangements. Knowledge of insurance principles (i.e., coinsurance, deductible, copay, HMO, PPO, etc.) PERSONAL SKILLS: Detail oriented, with excellent organizational skills. Highly motivated, reflecting positive attitude at all times. Ability to relate well and show respect for others.
Apply for this job
- Front Office Coordinator – ReceptionistThe Front Office Coordinator books, coordinates and reschedules patients appointments. Relays necessary messages to staff. Greets and registers patients in a prompt, pleasant, and helpful manner. Answers telephone, screens calls and takes messages. Verifies necessary information and records in the medical record. Collects deductibles and co-pays as required by insurance. Maintains and updates current information on physician's schedules ensuring that patients are scheduled properly and appointments are confirmed. Schedules surgeries, outpatient appointments
admissions as requested. Answers questions regarding patient appointments and testing. Assembles patient’s charts for next day visit. Updates profile on all patients. Oversees and area, coordinate patient waiting reports problems or irregularities. Attends meetings as required. The jobholder must demonstrate competencies applicable to the job position. Requirements: •Excellent communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate with all levels of staff and patients. •Detail Oriented, with excellent organizational skills. • movement, shows initiative and thinks proactively. •Highly motivated, reflecting Self-Driven, attitude at all times. •General understanding of billing and coding. •Ability to work independently and as a team member. •Able to Report to work on time is a must. •Excellent computer stills is a must, with knowledge of McKesson and NextGen software preferred. •Minimum 2-4 years of medical office experience; multi-specialty physician environment a plus. positive is Full-Time: Monday through Friday Position to 5p.m. 8am.
Apply for this job
- Housekeeping Staff – Part Time
GENERAL SUMMARY OF DUTIES: Performs cleaning duties to keep the clinic clean and sanitized. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: • Sweep and mop the facilities. • Dust and vacuum each clinic/office. • Clean the restrooms; refill toilet paper rolls and hand soap. • Empty trash from each clinic/office and deposit in clinic’s dumpster. • Keep windows and public waiting areas clean. • Notify maintenance if lights are out. • Wash and sanitize certain medical instruments. • Maintains confidentially of all clinic and patient information. • Other duties as assigned by the supervisor. REQUIREMENTS: • Must understand proper sanitation practices. • Ability to maintain effective working relationships. • Ability to communicate clearly. • Ability to use cleaning equipment
Apply for this job
- Information Security Officer (ISO)
Position Title: Information Security Officer (ISO).
Supervisor: Chief Executive Officer
Description: The ISO oversees all ongoing activities related to the development, implementation, maintenance, and adherence to the organization’s policies and procedures covering the security, and access to, patient health information in compliance with federal and state laws and the healthcare organization’s information privacy practices.
- Development guidance and assists in the identification, implementation, and maintenance of organization information security policies and procedures in coordination with organization management and administration and the Compliance Committee.
- Serves as a member of the Compliance Committee.
- Performs initial and periodic information security risk assessments and conducts related ongoing compliance monitoring activities in coordination with the entities other compliance and operational assessment functions.
- Identifies key security initiatives and standards, e.g., virus protection, security monitoring, intrusion detection, local and remote access control policies, and other technical security services and technical security mechanisms.
- Ensures delivery of initial security training and orientation to all employees.
- Establishes and administers a process for receiving, documenting, tracking, investigating, and taking action on all complaints concerning the organization’s security policies and procedures in coordination and collaboration with the HIPAA Privacy Officer.
- Initiates, facilitates, and promotes activities to foster information security awareness within the organization and related entities.
- Monitors HIPAA compliance and takes necessary actions.
- Reviews all system-related information security plans throughout the organization’s network to ensure alignment between security and privacy practices, and acts as a liaison to the information technology department.
- Maintains current knowledge of technical security services and mechanisms and monitors advancements in information security technologies to ensure organizational adaptation and compliance.
- Serves as information security consultant to the organization for all departments and entities.
- BA, BS or graduate degree in Computer Science, Information Management, or related field.
- Certification as HealthCare Information Security and Privacy Practitioner (HCISPP) and Certified Information System Security Professional (CISSP) are expected and Certified Information Security Manager and/or Certified Information Security Auditor are desired.
- Experience in information technology and security, including experience interfacing with vendors.
- Ability to communicate technical and security-related concepts to a broad range of technical and non-technical staff.
- Experience with disaster recovery planning, testing, configuration management, auditing, risk analysis, business resumption planning, contingency planning, as well as contract and vendor negotiation experience.
Apply for this job
- Insurance AnalystJOB SUMMARY: The Insurance Analyst is responsible for researching and resolving outstanding medical claims and documenting their progress throughout the life of the claims until it can be re-filed. This position involves both customer service and medical billing/coding aspects. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: • Research outstanding claim balances using online research via insurance company portals, and telephone calls to organizations regarding claims status. • Professionally communicate with insurance resources by website, e-mail, telephone, and customer service departments, etc. • Take initiative to utilize and apply industry knowledge to resolve outstanding claims • Accurately document progress of each claim throughout cycle • Reviews and works the claim denial report • Maintain confidentiality of all patient and clinic information • Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor QUALIFICATIONS: • High School diploma or equivalent. • At least one year experience in NextGen working insurance claims • Must have in-depth knowledge of Explanation of Benefits (EOBs) with at least 1 year of medical collections, claims or billing experience. • Must possess knowledge of insurance carrier billing and reimbursement as well as medical terminology. • Professional demeanor and attitude with good customer service skills • Strong analytical and problem-solving skills. • Ability to work independently while understanding the importance of teamwork • Basic Microsoft Office skills
Apply for this job
- Patient Accounts Representative
- Pharmacy Tech (Oncology)
We are looking for a dependable Pharmacy Technician that will provide in office dispensing. You will undertake other tasks under the direction of a pharmacist to provide excellent customer service and ensure the pharmacy runs smoothly. As a pharmacy technician you must be detail-oriented and reliable since the job has high responsibility. You must possess excellent communication skills as well as aptitude in using computers.
- Sterilize surfaces and equipment and prepare the pharmacy for opening
- Greet customers and answer questions
- Receive prescriptions and check their validity
- Process prescriptions electronically and ensure all information is complete and accurate
- Resolve issues when they arise (e.g. rejected insurance claims)
- Select the appropriate medicine and measure dosages to fill prescriptions
- Sort, stock, label medication and monitor inventory
- Undertake administrative tasks (e.g. record-keeping) as assigned
- Comply with all security measures and quality standards
- Maintain all patient and clinic confidentiality
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor
- Proven experience as pharmacy technician
- Experience with an online prescription system is a plus
- Knowledge of medication and dosage measurement
- Knowledge of pharmacy law and medical terminology
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Outstanding organizational skills
- Reliable with a keen eye for detail
- Successful completion of a pharmacy technician program
- Certified Pharmacy technician is an asset
- Experience with Liberty software a plus.
Apply for this job
- Physician’s Assistant / Nurse Practitioner – Allergy
Provides comprehensive care for assigned patients under the direction of a physician.
- Follows established standards, procedures and practices, and gives patient care directions to nursing and other staff;
- Evaluates outcomes of direct patient care and consults with other specialists as required;
- Adjusts processes as indicated to ensure optimal patient care;
- Arranges for patients' ordered diagnostic and therapeutic services;
- Monitors and ensures accuracy of recording on patient medical records;
- Provides preventative health care services to long-term patients and arranges consultations and referrals:
- Performs physical exams, and may prescribe and recommend treatment and drugs;
- Ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations;
- Ability to maintain quality control standards;
- Interprets the results of certain diagnostic tests such as x-rays, images, scans, etc.
- Maintains all employee, clinic and patient confidentiality;
- Other duties as assigned by the physician.
Nurse Practitioner – BSN, MSN preferred; successful completion of an approved nurse practitioner program; experience as a nurse practitioner; current state license; or
Physician’s Assistant – BA/BS, MS preferred; graduate of AMA accredited physician assistant program; experience as a physician’s assistant, preferably in a clinic setting; current state PA license certified by National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants
Apply for this job
- Radiology Tech (PRN)